mercredi 17 août 2011

Gymnastic body : Upper body press / pull

here is the dependency graph from the exercises in the book:
Upper body press

Upper body pulls

To make it short there are 4 different types of exercises for pull and press.
3 are one plane and one is "multi-plane".
If you pay enough attention you can see that you can easilly couple the exercises by agonist/antagonist workout groups, well I'm not sure this definition is really good, but the pulls/press pair up pretty well :
- push ups and rows
- pull ups and handstand push ups
- Dips and Reverse curls
And multiplane goes with multiplane but I won't be interested by those for a moment as I'm really building the basic level skills (basics within basics as this is all suppose to build basic strength).
So that's what I'm going to do for a while, alternating between each pair in a "steady state" workout style (choosing something chalenging doing it for 8 weeks until it's no more challenging and go up or down as in my graph).
The static position takes quite a reasonable amount of time so I'm only going to do this pair 2 days a week... should be 3 days so that I can do each pair in a week... I'll see about that...
for now I have monday wednesday friday for static and tuesday thursday for pull/press, lets see if I can motivate myself enough to do saturday also...
I'm still in the process to find the right exercise to start like simple rows were a little bit easy I think as well as simple ring push ups. maybe I should do the elevated version.
Headstand push ups are ok, I mean ok hard.
I''ll see for L-sit chin-ups...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire